There is no secret in the fact that we are always surrounded by metal, no matter what. If there is something that can be reused over and over again without corrupting its properties, then it’s metal. Since it is available in numerous items and things that we use in our daily existence, metal is both plentiful and valuable. The value of metal inspired individuals to gather and sell them off to someone willing to buy them at the best possible price. One such regular metal is stainless steel, which falls under this category.
Resistance to heat, rust, staining, and pitting stainless steel is an alloy of iron and chromium. It is considered a versatile, useful, and valuable metal that offers high strength, is in high demand, and is easily recycled. With more than 150 grades of stainless steel, each having different specific properties and containing different metal components, there are several types of stainless steel in the scrap industry.
- Austenitic: The most common type of stainless steel with elevated levels of chromium, molybdenum, and nickel is versatile and known for its strength and malleability.
- Ferritic: With 10 to 30% of chromium, ferritic stainless steel is of low carbon consistency. Stainless steel is magnetic in nature and is widely used for its resistance to temperature oxidation and stress corrosion cracking.
- Duplex: A mixture of austentic and ferritic, duplex is stainless steel that is stronger than both and leads to considerable weight reduction. It is also considered to have excellent resistance to corrosion and is usually found in marine applications and industry.
- Martensitic: Somehow similar to ferritic stainless steel with an elevated carbon content, martensitic stainless steel is hardened to an extreme degree and is used to create medical tools and surgical instruments, etc.
Due to all of its value and utility, stainless steel in the scrap industry consists of discarded steel or steel products just segregated by size, grade, composition, suitability, etc. When it comes to the stainless steel industry, there are different types of scrap collected and used within the industry, like:
- Internal Scrap: Also known as home or revert scrap metal, internal steel scrap metal is the rejected metal of the steel plant that gets generated when the steel is made.
- Prompt scrap: Also known as process scrap, is the Stainless Steel Scrap metal generated during product manufacturing of the steel plant and others.
- Obsolete scrap: Scrap materials that are easily recovered from discarded industrial and consumer items like ships, refrigerators, construction beams, etc.
Common sources of stainless steel scrap metal
Present in items like medical implants and skyscrapers, stainless steel is used in several things. If you are looking for reliable places where you can find scrap metal, recyclable stainless steel can be found in tanks, ducts, pipes, and other places. The sources mentioned below are some of the most common places where you can find scrap metal for recycling.
- Architecture and construction: Regarded as a sustainable building material and prized for its durability and versatility, stainless steel can often be found in lintels, wall starters, wind posts, architectural cladding, drainage, water systems, and HVAC systems.
- Automotive and Transportation: With the growth in the automobile industry and watercraft industry, stainless steel has been used in car trim and exhaust systems for decades. One can easily find stainless steel in road tankers, refuse vehicles, watercraft, and others. You can also find stainless steel in vehicle exhaust systems, seatbelt springs, aircraft exhaust collectors, boat propellers, anchors, trains, rail cars, etc.
- Heavy industries and energy: Stainless steel is used in heavy industries and energy for its heat and corrosion resistance. One can find stainless steel scrap in a huge range of pipes, valves, structural components, and storage tanks used in different industries.
- Foodservice sector: Commonly used in professional kitchens for products like knives, cookware, appliances, and countertops, stainless steel is used and can be easily found in kitchen items.
- Garage sales: Look for stainless steel scrap in local garage sales shops. One can find useful scrap metals like stainless steel scrap, iron metal scrap, heavy steel scrap, and other steel metals in used appliances, fitness equipment, and regular trash.
- Move out to tour college campuses: Visit college campuses to collect leftover products from students. One can find scrap metals left by college students in items like shelving units, microwaves, fans, televisions, bed risers, mini-fridges, and many other metal-made products.
- Assisted living homes: One can look for stainless steel scrap metal and other scrap items when a resident in an assisted living home passes away. You can easily find scrap metal in different products like walkers, wheelchairs, or general utility devices.
All the collected scrap metal can be used for recycling or can be sold to get the best profits. If you have stainless steel scrap metal in the condition that is accepted by scrap dealers, you can sell it out and earn cash from it. One such place is Scraapy, a Scrap Dealer in Saudi Arabia that buys a huge range of scrap metals from individuals, contractors, fabricators, industries, utility providers, and others. To find out how you can get the best value, contact us now.
Posted by: Admin | Posted Date: 13-08-2022